Cristiano Ronaldo would have given a new nickname to Diogo Dalot.
The 23-year-old shared a photo of himself training on Instagram.
Ronaldo comments: “piteusinho”, which roughly translates to “little piti”.
The two Portuguese players have developed a great relationship on and off the pitch.
Dalot started the season in good form and was one of United’s best performers.
The 23-year-old’s improved passing and pressure allow United to build effectively from the back.
He was seen by former manager Jose Mourinho as the next Gary Neville, and now it looks like Dalot has finally found his groove.
He has made the right-back position his, so much so that Aaron Wan-Bissaka is nowhere to be found.
Dalot still has room for improvement, particularly in attack, and Ten Haag will look to develop him further.
The Portuguese are said to be delighted for Anthony to join the club. These two will likely occupy United’s right wing for years to come.
“It was easier to talk to him because I could talk to him in Portuguese,” Dalot said.
“It comes a little faster than English. But I think he’s a very, very good boy and very open to help, which is good.
- Online football content you’ve never seen before
- Single game hub and curated news, features and viewpoints
- No ads, no clickbait, no fake news – just 100% pure United
- Instant delivery to your device with simple and secure online ordering
- Click preview to see more or buy it now for £1.25/$1.50
- LIMITED TIME OFFER: Save 33% on the Season Pass – use coupon code SEASON33 at checkout.