Eric ten Hager is set to make a big rotation in Thursday’s Europa League draw against Real Sociedad, although it should still be a solid side as he will be keen for United to continue their winning streak.
Lisandro Martinez limped off against Arsenal, and while it wasn’t a big deal, he could still be rested for a midday Premier League game on Sunday.
Rafael Varane could also be put on cotton for Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof to start.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Luke Shaw also need minutes, if any, so this could be a familiar back four.
Behind them, Martin Dubravka could make his debut while David de Gea rests.
Donny van der Beek was absent from Sunday’s training due to injury, but if healthy he will be another star who will have to play well and can play alongside Casemiro, who is expected to make his debut for the first time. The club started and Fred was in midfield.
On offense, Anthony can start again as the Ten Witches want him back in game form as soon as possible.
Marcus Rashford is also struggling with injury but even with fitness he could be rested after Sunday’s effort.
Assuming Anthony Martial remains injured, Cristiano Ronaldo can therefore start in the No.9 position, with Sancho also likely to be rested, with Anthony Elanga or Alejandro Ganaccho on the left flank.
So the side that beat Arsenal could have 11 substitutions, but if things don’t go United’s way, there are big names on the bench and plenty of opportunities to make changes early.
With all that in mind, here is our planned XI for the game:
- Online football content you’ve never seen before
- Single game hub and curated news, features and viewpoints
- No ads, no clickbait, no fake news – just 100% pure United
- Instant delivery to your device with simple and secure online ordering
- Click preview to see more or buy it now for £1.25/$1.50
- LIMITED TIME OFFER: Save 33% on the Season Pass – use coupon code SEASON33 at checkout.